Thursday, July 8, 2010

My Sins Against Gender Stereotypes.

Heyo guys, this post is diffused in the blogosphere. Tbg tagged me here. (PS - This is a direct copy paste from IHM’s post.)

A great way to know how unconventional and eccentric you are. Tag on. :)

If you are a woman,

Have you ever wanted something that is considered ‘manly’ ? Like a basketball, a cell phone, a dog, a camera or a new laptop? A new car or motor bike? Ever wanted to be a pilot? A doctor or not a nurse? And the manliest want of them all – The remote!
As a kid did you enjoy playing with a bat and a ball?
There was a time when books were considered ‘manly’, women authors had to pretend to be men – would you say books are still rather manly – women should want to embroider and crochet?

If you are a man,

Have you ever wanted something that only women are supposed to want – like bags, shoes, clothes, creams, perfumes, babies, flowers? A peaceful home and a happy family? Have you ever been afraid of the dark or of insects?
As a kid did you ever want to play ‘teacher-teacher’, cooking or did you like playing with a doll? Have you ever enjoyed cooking? Bought something in pink? Loved chocolates?


So here’s the tag – Please list at least ten things you have ever wanted or done which your gender is not supposed to.

The tag is called ‘My Sins against Gender-Stereotypes’. And you must tag twelve blogging friends or else you will be cursed to wear blue clothes pants if you are a woman and pink shirts if you are a man – for next twelve years  :-P
 
Okay, here I go.

1. I love to wear my brother's clothes B-) . Nuthin can be cooler than sporting a T and a pair of boxers. :-P
2. I love the guitar, though there is hardly any female in my guitar class
3. All my hostel friends bear testimony to the fact that I *hate* keeping my room clean (I once even found lizard’s eggs behind my books. It became so famous!!! )
4. Oh yeah, I love the adventure in shooing off lizards from the room. Unlike all my hostel buddies I never used to scream or squeam on catching sight of a lizard, even if it was slithering on my bed!
5. I am really bad at shopping in a grocery store. I do not have any sense of fresh/healthy fruits and vegetables. Neither would I eat something that is healthy. Coke + chips form my daily diet.
6. Not to mention, unlike other girls, my handwriting SUCKS!!!
7. I hate to shop for others :-(. I get painfully restless on being made to ramble in the malls while my friends do the shopping for themselves!!!~!
8. I have a nice blooming ego B-)
9. I have a good tolerance / appetite for explicit jokes
10. I love the Hookah. And love making hookah rings. oo000O O O

There, that's done! How was it?
And I Tag,

1. Satinder Rana
2. Pallavi Aggarwal
3. Aastha Jain
4. Mayuri Gupta
5. Aditi Sengupta
6. Mou Bhattacharya
7. Meghna Basu
8. Oindrilla Ray
9. Kounteya Sinha
10. Ankit Mahajan
11. Japinder Gill
12. Prerna Grover
13. Navjeet Kaur
14. Janesh Mishra
15. Prabhjot Singh
16. Himanshi Vij
17. Priyanka Dhar
18. Harshit Chehal
19. Mayank Prakash
20. Mayank Nagpal
21. Mausam Garg
22. Srinivas Madala
23. Rishabh Singla
24. Anshika Bharti
25. Anirudh Bishnoi

Burrrrp... Way beyond just 12 tags. :-P Request you to state 10 such things which set you apart from gender stereotypes.

Good Luck! Remember, every little bit counts.
...

7 comments:

satinder rana said...

Great Ninja. Really appreciate the honesty. I would love to list things but nothing comes to my mind for now. Kudos for you and babes, hookah is not just guy thing. You, pallavi, mayuri and swati have all proved that ;)
Keep smoking

Nilanjana said...

:-) Thanks Sunny! we are so going to hell :-P

Rishabh Singla said...

Interesting pose - stumbled upon it just today!

Here I go:

1) My cosmetics 'arsenal' is embarrassingly large to be mentioned here :P (Hint: there are 4 types of oils and 4 types of creams alone)

2) I apparently love cleanliness (never been able to demonstrate it yet though)

3) Some things make me cry (like a chick or a puppy dying, or when I see aircraft flying. I know the latter was weird)

4) I look at my (bulging) belly all the time in the mirror (shit why did I say that :P)

5) I like chocolate

6) Like to play with babies (shit)

7) I ask for directions (only sometimes, okay!)

8) Love to pet street animals (chicks, kittens, pups)

9) My voice is shrill like a 'koel'

10) I like to carry a bag all around

Okay, the last two were made up...

Nilanjana said...

Wooh :) naiss. we now know u better ;p ;D

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

Nilanjana said...

haha! u're welcome :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!

Arts BlogsBlog Directory
cash advance loans