Monday, August 2, 2010

A not so happy friendship day for me

I was sitting in front of the mirror and pondering deep, trying to read my own mind but I couldn’t. I could hear nothing but a deafening silence. .. see nothing but a glaring darkness and ..and feel nothing but a pinching vacuum. ..I felt like an extant nobody that day.

My phone was beeping SMS, one after the other ‘Happy friendship day’ greetings. I tried to smile dissembling my true emotions. I was missing something. Or probably some people. And the ones very dear at that.


I felt like calling them up. But I just forwent. Sometimes the pleasure of missing them is more pleasurable than being with them.


Meko rona aariya si” I made a measly attempt at expressing my feelings in Punjabi, just to imagine
-
Aastha say, ‘You should be BANNED from speaking Punjabi!’


Navjeet say, ‘YEAH right’


Nilanjana, ‘arre sacchi, yeh dekh main crying already


Mayuri say, ‘Ninja kya khaake baithi hai?


Surbhi say, ‘You need help :P


But I really miss you guys ya! :-(
......

12 comments:

satinder rana said...

Kya baat hamari yaad nahi aati friendship day par?? :(

Waise nice post. Good to see from blog posts, facebook status and other updates that you all are missing each other. Long live the friendship. :)

Ramit Grover said...

Please, do us a favor. Don't speak Punjabi.

:P

Anonymous said...

it has become fashion to say "deafening silence", even if it is not relevant in a situation. like u used in the first line.

disappointing.

Nilanjana said...

@Sunny - yup yup yup! did miss all of you. but esp missed the natives and the antics in room 147!!!

Nilanjana said...

@Baldie - errr.... ;P sure. changa si :P

Nilanjana said...

@Anonymous - Dude. :-) I will try to be more innovative NEXT TIME ON. tHANKS!

bondgal_rulz said...

I wanna hear u speaking punjabi too!!

Nilanjana said...

sure isha. jado tum daso (fuck :P)

Unknown said...

Hey Ninja!!! You r really good at expressing.. I wish I cud do the same so u wud know how deeply I miss all u guys... At days like such... I feel like being in that hostel prob in room 181 ;) n talk non-sense.. or may be go to sec-15 or 17. I wish I cud go bak in tym.. Luv u! :D

Nilanjana said...

Thanks mayuri. buti still go with the holy room 147 :-P
Love you loads!!!! :-)

aastha said...

Good one...Makes me miss so many things at once :(
PS: Isnt there an option to like comments? I like what the bald guy says :P

Nilanjana said...

Yes there is an option. but i donno how to implement it. Baldie only knows . ask him :-P

Arts BlogsBlog Directory
cash advance loans